Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 1: Project Run and Play

This was my remix of the Junebug dress from Craftiness is Not Optional (CINO). It was for Project Run and Play. Miss S really liked her dress. It had a big twirly skirt and something to keep her arms warm.

I used the angled bodice and sliced it to make the bolero out of old jeans of mine and lengthened the sleeves.

The dress has a shortened bodice, with lace added to the neckline. The skirt part has some gathered pickups to showcase the white lining underneath.

I think she could wear this for either valentines day or 4th of July (the dress is sleeveless).

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Confidence issues

I had to sew today. I feel like I suck at sewing. I am extremely limited time wise. I don't know what skills I should have already mastered in these few years.

Today's dress went well. I am pleased with it.

This sew-at-home competition is bringing out the worst in me. Ugh.

Here's my small victory for today.



From the thoughts of a RDW

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 3 of kcwc




Bali Break Tunic from sewing in no man's land.

Love this pattern: easy to construct, very fun!

I think I may have to sew my way through her blog.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Peasant Blouse with a ruffled neckline: Day 2 of Kids Clothes Week

Made this for the 2nd day of the Kids Clothes week. I originally started off with a tutorial from Prudent Baby. I messed up with sewing the buttonholes on the wrong part. It was a mess.

So I went to the peasant blouse using the Leila and Ben sweet dress pattern. I shortened it to make a top and then made a ruffled neckline and it's with knit fabric because I've been wanting to try more things in knit. It's a different ballgame and I need the practice.

Overall, I really like it. :)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mini Boden knockoff

Mini Boden knockoff by Sew Responsible
Mini Boden knockoff, a photo by Sew Responsible on Flickr.

I am participating in the Kids Clothes Week by Elsie Marley. This is providing motivation to get started on the girls' summer wardrobe. So voila, a dress for Little S.

Instead of shirring around the waist, I used a casing (with 2 rows sewn) and inserted elastic. I thought this would probably be more comfortable than the elastic thread rubbing against her.

I love this pattern. I see many, many more of these in the future and variations too.